Mt Washington CrossFit is a world class fitness facility. What sets us apart from other gyms and CrossFit Affiliates in our area is that we focus on making sure that you are fully prepared and ready for our classes. We are focused on lifelong functional fitness for our athletes…not just throwing you into a class environment without a knowledge of the movements and proper technique. Our group classes are for our members that have obtained a proficiency in functional movements and a good baseline of fitness.We have spent many years studying, learning and experimenting with ways to get people fit in a safe and effective manner. We have learned how to get people motivated and to keep them injury-free so they can be fit for life not just for a quick fix.
We strongly believe in the research that Greg Glassman, the founder of CrossFit, shared with the fitness community several years back in the CrossFit Journal article “What is Fitness?”. He prescribed a formula of constantly varied, functional movements, at high intensity. We follow this formula that has been proven across high level professional athletes and those seeking to be a more fit version of themselves.
This philosophy that Glassman began teaching has been shown to be effective in prescription, however we have seen it work best in a one on one environment. The functional movements that Glassman refers to are effective, challenging, and complex. For this reason we require our athletes to show both mechanics and consistency in our movements prior to adding intensity. These movements are taught best with a watchful eye and the skillset of a great coach. We have learned over the years that a higher coach to athlete ratio provides a better learning experience but also a safer environment. It allows the athletes to learn better movement patterns and as a by product yields a healthier community of people.
All of this to say, we want you to be the healthiest you have ever been for life.
Getting started is easy, fill in this form and we’ll get in touch.
The coaches at Mt Washington CrossFit come from diverse athletic backgrounds and experience, but they all have one thing in common, they care. Their passion and commitment to helping you achieve your personal fitness goals is what separates us from other gyms. We know every member and attempt to learn their fitness goals. We strive to provide the training, education, support and motivation to meet these goals. As a coaching staff, we are committed to pursuing excellence and pushing you to thrive, not just survive. We are invested in taking care of you and take pride in helping you to enjoy life. We are in the business of getting you prepared for any obstacle or task life may throw at you.
Modern And Spacious facility
Our crossfit facility is state-of-the-art. We use your body and real weights to create free, natural movement. We have machines that mimic functional movement, and none of those that don’t contribute to overall health and a lean, conditioned body. We welcome you to take a look around our box and our equipment – you won’t see full length mirrors but you’ll see results in your own mirror and in the fit of your clothes when you make the move to functional fitness.
8 Key Things that Make the Facility World Class
- We have adequate floor space to serve classes with over 20 athletes with space for our apprentice coaches to facilitate one on one personal training at the same time.
- Mt Washington CrossFit has thirty-five foot ceilings to provide a spacious feeling while providing room for critical CrossFit movements, like rope climbs.
- You can drop weights since our space is covered from wall to wall with rubber flooring as this provides a safer environment for lifting weights.
- No one likes stuffy environments when they workout, so we have a bay door and exhaust fans to keep the gym full of fresh air and smelling so fresh and so clean.
- We have plenty of parking so you are never getting into fights in the parking lot over a space like you do at the mall during Christmas.
- We like to workout but we enjoy socializing with cool people even more. We get together a lot to hangout, so when you join you get a bunch of friends for free.
- We work really hard so we need to recover strong to so we have an onsite massage therapist to help with those sore muscles.
- Stretching and relaxing is also an important aspect of the gym, so we hold mobility classes to get our athletes limber, since flexibility is an athletic skill.